How important is wheel alignment?
Think of it this way: Research indicates that the average vehicle is driven about 12,000 miles per year. A car with a toe angle misadjustment of 0.34 degrees (only 0.17 inches) out of specification will drag the tires sideways for more than 68 miles by the end of the year!
What are the "symptoms" of a vehicle with incorrect alignment?
Have your vehicle checked if you notice:
- Excessive or uneven tire wear.
- The vehicle pulls to the left or right.
- Feeling of looseness or wandering.
- Steering wheel vibration or shimmy.
- Steering wheel is not centered when the vehicle is moving straight ahead.