The Wave Drill Series indexable drill brings together the wear resistance of carbide inserts and the toughness of a steel drill body. This combination lets the customer use higher feed rates to increase productivity.
The WDS drill has two unique styles of carbide insert geometries for its cutting edges. For diameters under one inch, Sumitomo offers a parallelogram insert that allows the customer one index after initial use. Three cutting edges are offered in WDS drills with diameters ranging from 1.00" to 2.00". All WDS sizes are available with side coolant ports and coolant-through shanks in standard (3X) and long (5X) diameter drill lengths.Features and Benefits
Diameters ranging from 0.5625"- 2.000" with 3X and 5X diameter to depth drill lengths
• Coolant through capable with additional side coolant ports
• Inserts for diameters < 1.000" use LPMX two edged inserts
• Inserts for diameters > 1.000" use XPMX three edged inserts
• Insert grade availability include AC350 and ACZ310
• Boasts the heaviest feed rates in the industry