- Drinking coffee, tea, or colas.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging - The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darkens with age.
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents - If a tooth has been traumatized, sometimes the nerve will gradually "die", and the tooth becomes dark.
- After Root Canal Therapy, a tooth will generally darken.
The four most common remedies for tooth discoloration are:
- Caps (Crowns)
Each patient must be evaluated individually, so Contact Us to set up a consultation. Your Dentist will discuss the appropriate options with you for your particular case.