- Rotor diameter is one meter (39")
- Rated wind velocity is 28 mph
- cut-in rpm 350.
At 14 lbs. it is easy to mount on any 1.5" (48.4mm) schedule 40 steel pipe (commonly available in most hardware or plumbing stores) and it carries a three year limited manufacturer's warranty. Other features:
- Only two moving parts and sealed for life bearings
- Proprietary 3-phase axial PMA utilizing neodymium iron boron technology
- Suitable for domestic or marine applications
- Quiet operation with low TSR motor
- Excellent performance at low wind speeds
- Injection molded blades
- Lightweight but heavy duty
- Microcontroller based control system
- 'Plug & Play' charge controller with built-in dump load
- Ideal for supplementing solar electric power systems!
- Quality USA made $675 plus freight
The DL300 Series controller is designed to prevent your batteries from overcharging; it's compact and easy to install, and incorporates a 300W resistor/heater and controller in a stout 18 gauge powder-coated steel enclosure.
If you have been considering the addition of wind to your PV system—or you are planning to add a wind generator to your sail-boat or catamaran, now is the time to try a Chinook! The turbine and controller is $675 plus freight. We have specs and a copy of the manual we can e-mail, if you want more information!