- Type of lettuceSheet
Smaller is Better. A traditional favorite - once the centerpiece of every salad - iceberg lettuce gave up ground in recent years to romaine and leaf lettuces. But it's a brand new day with Iceberg Babies®. These diminutive gems are smaller than a softball, which will delight your guests, as will the texture and refreshingly crisp crunch that can only be iceberg.
A Real Sweetie! Iceberg Babies® are sweeter and more flavorful than conventional iceberg lettuce and the single-service size opens the door to virtually limitless serving options.
- Fill it! Remove the cap and scoop out the center to create a bowl. Fill with favorite salad ingredients, a chilled soup or even a hot entree.
- Build it! Remove the stem, core like conventional head lettuce and slice off the cap so it sits level on the plate. Insert vegetables in a vertical bouquet to create an architectural delight.
- Slice it! Slice horizontally into rosettes and arrange in a bowl with other vegetables for an eye-catching version of the traditional tossed salad.
- Wrap it! Use individual leaves as perfect, bite-sized wraps for appetizers and small plate favorites.
- Wedge it! Cut into baby wedges and arrange on the plate, pairing each wedge with a different ingredient or dressing.
Temperature: Keep refrigerated at 34 to 36 degrees Fahrenheit. Relative Humidity: Maintain 90 to 95% relative humidity. Shelf Life: 14 to 21 days.
Product Specifications (Corrugated carton with plastic liner)
- Pack - 40 count
- Weight - 16 to 18 lbs.
- Carton dimensions - 19 x 16 x 7 inches
- Carton cube - 1.26 c.f.
- Pallet count - 72 cartons per pallet
- Label - Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®