Services of other enterprises
Your WW1 & WW2 Battlefields adventure will begin in London with a visit to the Imperial War Museum. After an overnight ferry to France you'll travel to the historic D-Day Normandy landing beaches, visit some of the significant Somme Battlefields and enjoy the spectacular city views from an included ascent to the second level of the Eiffel Tower. Your journey will finish with a unique Be My Guest dining experience with traditional Dutch cuisine on the outskirts of Amsterdam.
- London Morning sightseeing tour including views of Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Included visit to the Imperial War Museum.
- Portsmouth Visit the D-Day and Overlord Embroidery Museum. Visit Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and see the HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860 and the Spinnaker Tower.
- Normandy Visit the D-Day landing beaches and the D-Day museum. Visit Omaha Beach and the poignant American Cemetery.
- Bayeux Visit the cemetery and historic Bayeux Tapestry Museum.
- Caen Visit the Memorial de Caen.
- Amiens See the UNESCO World Heritage Cathedral.
- Somme Battlefields Visit some of the significant battlefields of the First World War.
- Paris View Notre Dame Cathedral, the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees and the Louvre with your expert Local Guide. Enjoy spectacular city views from an included ascent to the second level of the Eiffel Tower.
- Reims Visit this beautiful city and see the remarkable Cathedral. Enjoy a champagne tasting.
- Ypres Salient Visit some of the significant battlefields near Ypres and witness the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate. Visit Memorial Museum Passchendaele 1917.
- Groesbeek Visit the Canadian War Cemetery and Memorial as well as the National Liberation museum.
- Arnhem View John Frost Bridge.
- Amsterdam Orientation includes the Mint Tower, Tower of Tears and Dam Square.
- 11 hot buffet breakfasts.
- 5 evening meals including:
- Welcome Reception including light snacks and welcome drinks with your Travel Director in London.
- Be My Guest dinner in Amsterdam.
- 2 three-course hotel dinners with local wine.
- 1 three-course restaurant dinner in Portsmouth.
- Overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen.
- First Class hotel accommodation featuring two-bedded rooms and private facilities.
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
- Travel by luxury, air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom.
- Audio headsets to clearly hear your guide's commentary on all included sightseeing.
- The services of a professional Travel Director.
- A travel wallet with your documentation.
- Complimentary keepsake photo and map.
Contact the seller
Europe & Britain 2013: WWI and WWII Battlefields 2013 Tour