Butler Winding designs and manufactures Current Transformers for a variety current monitoring applications. A Current Transformer is a transformer that is typically designed with the coil wound on a toroidal core. Current transformers may also be designed on a bobbin that uses a split core structure.
Where are Current Transformers found?
- Commonly used in current measuring applications.
- Revenue metering for utility companies.
- Monitoring the operation of a power grid.
- Where there is a need to provide isolation between metering and protection circuits.
- Requirements for safe measurement of large currents, often in the presence of high voltages.