Services of other enterprises
Cockroaches are every New Yorker's worst nightmare. Call R&K Pest Control to rid your home of cockroaches and return your piece of mind. Cockroaches are truly a pain to deal with. The roach is very persistent and hard to get out of your home. They contaminate food, damage food, damage electrical wires (TV, Microwave), eat glue (book bindings, envelopes that you need to lick to close) and leather (belts, shoes, gloves) and contribute to allergies. These pests are usually active at night but can be seen during the day especially if you disturb them. Roaches run or hide behind (in crevices) in stoves and refrigerators. They may also hide in kitchen cabinets. They can travel through spaces in piping and electrical lines in multifamily homes. Sometimes just doing a single apartment in a multifamily dwelling just will not do the job. Call R&K Pest Control today to get the ball rolling.
What do Cockroaches look like?
- The German cockroach is brown and approximately ½" long.
- The Oriental cockroach can grow to be much larger and is black in color.
- The American cockroach is reddish-brown in color and is one of the longest, measuring approximately 1.5 inches in length.
- The wood cockroach is similar to the American cockroach in appearance, but is slightly smaller, measuring between 3/4 and 1.25 inches in length.
How do I know if I have Cockroaches?
- Seeing live insects: Cockroaches are nocturnal and hide during the day. You will most likely see them when turning on the light in the kitchen at night
•Egg cases and cast skins: Cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times as they mature.
•Droppings: Cockroaches leave a dust of black droppings less than 1mm wide and of varying lengths.
•Odor: Established cockroach infestations produce an unpleasant, musty smell.
•Damage: Cockroaches attack organic goods including leather and books.
Contact the seller